Who Needs Israel? - Wishing for a Change of Course in 2008
Many Western and European political leaders having heard the deprecations and the determination to wipe Israel off the face of the earth, from the likes of Palestinian Yasser Arafat, Saudi Arabian Osama bin Laden, Iraq's Saddam Hussein, Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and so many other power brokers in the region have come dangerously close to deciding that little Israel is the "thorn in the side" of world order.
The next logical thought is: "Who needs Israel? Let her be erased, her people dispersed (or whatever), and the Middle East can settle comfortably into a harmonious Islamic community of states. Problem solved!"
What folly. What suicidal blindness...
[We hope and pray that during 2008 President Bush and Condoleezza Rice will experience a change of heart. That their drive down the treacherous Roadmap will come to a screeching halt and that they will change course from this path toward disaster. That they will consider Israel’s many accomplishments:]
Israel, the 100th smallest country, with less than 1/1000th of the world's population, can make claim to an astounding number of society's advances in almost every direction!
• Intel's new multi-core processor was completely developed at facilities in Israel .
• And our ubiquitous cell phone was developed in Israel by Motorola, which has its largest development center in the little land.
• Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology was pioneered in Israel .
• AirTrain JFK, the 8.1-mile light rail labyrinth that connects JFK Airport to NYC's mass transit is protected by the Israeli-developed Nextiva surveillance system.
• Bill Gates calls Israel "a major player in the high-tech world"; most of Windows NT operating system was developed by Microsoft-Israel; the Pentium MMX Chip technology was designed in Israel at Intel; both Microsoft and Cisco built their only R&D facilities outside the U.S. in Israel; and, with more than 3,000 high-tech companies and start-ups, Israel has the highest concentration of high-tech companies in the world apart from the Silicon Valley.
• Get this: Israel leads the world in the number of scientists and technicians in the workforce, with 145 per 10,000, as opposed to 85 in the U.S. , over 70 in Japan , and less than 60 in Germany .
• With over 25 percent of its workforce employed in technical professions, Israel places first in this category as well! It goes on and on.
The Weizmann Institute of Science has been voted "the best university in the world for life scientists to conduct research." Israeli researchers have:
• Discovered the molecular trigger that causes psoriasis.
• Developed the Ex-Press shunt to provide relief for glaucoma sufferers.
• Unveiled a blood test that diagnoses heart attacks ... by telephone!
• Found a combination of electrical stimulation and chemotherapy that makes cancerous metastases disappear and developed the first fully computerized, no-radiation, diagnostic instrumentation for breast cancer!
• Designed the first flight system to protect passenger and freighter aircraft against missile attack.
• Developed the first ingestible video camera so small it fits inside a pill used to view the small intestine from the inside, enabling doctors to diagnose cancer and digestive disorders!
• Perfected a new device that directly helps the heart pump blood, an innovation with the potential to save lives among those with congestive heart failure, synchronizing the heart's mechanical operations through a sophisticated system of sensors.
These are only a few of Israel 's recent contributions to the welfare of the world. There are just too many to list here. Water shortage, global warming, space travel, anti-virus, anti-smallpox, blood pressure, solar power, paralysis, diabetes, data storage these and hundreds more are being addressed by Israel's scientists. They're pioneering in DNA research, using tiny strands to create human transistors that can literally build themselves and playing an important role in identifying a defective gene that causes a rare and usually fatal disease in Arab infants!
• Israel produces more scientific papers per capita than any other nation by a large margin;
• It has the largest number of startup companies globally, second only to the U.S.; it is No. 2 in the world for venture capital funds, financing all these advances; its $100 billion economy is larger than all of its immediate neighbors combined; and Israel is the only liberal democracy in the Middle East.
• And while it maintains, by far, the highest average living standards and per-capita income, exceeding even those of the UK , Israel is the largest immigrant-absorbing nation on earth, relative to its population. It is truly an unparalleled marvel of our time.
…the very idea of eradicating or even displacing Israel from its historic home is suicidal to the rest of the world, not just her Arabic neighbors.
… imagine what our world would be like if Israel 's enemies held sway.
Would you rather live in Iran , Iraq , Syria or Afghanistan ? [under Sharia law]
Or in Israel ?
[Wishing everyone a Happy, Healthy and Joyful 2008, during which time the world may hopefully grow to appreciate the extraordinary contributions of a country that most nations would like to see destroyed in the name of Islamofascism. Where will we be if the culture of death prevails and Israel and Western Civilization are annihilated?
We hope that in 2008 the goals and aspirations of the radical Islamists will be defeated and a new age of democracy and enlightenment will reign on our imperiled planet.]
3965 W. 83rd. Street #292 Shawnee Mission, KS 66208 I Phone: 913.648.0022 I Fax: 913.648.7997
This site is designed for standards compliant browsers. If your browser is not standards compliant, download one here.
Website copyright © 2006. Unity Coalition for Israel.