It is hard to counter the emotional impact of seeing children injured in Gaza, but the blame should be put where it belongs: on the bloodsoaked terrorists of Hamas. This is an e-mail I (Alan) sent to CNBC today - the business channel of the NBC network and my favored early morning viewing:
Dear Geoff and Karen, (two of the program's presenters in Europe) Good morning. Another day, another blast of Hamas propaganda on your show. Yes, of course it is terrible if children are killed or injured. But exactly why is it happening? It is a deliberate Hamas policy to place its rockets among schools, hospitals and homes, where there are often the entrances to tunnels. Only the other day 20 rockets were found in a UN school.
Hamas is clever. They know the civilians will be injured, so set out to lure the Israelis into firing on areas where there are both weapons, terrorists and civilians.
The aim, of course, set out in so many statements I could write a book containing little else, is to "make the Med run red with the blood of the Jews." The existence of Israel, set up under a UN ruling, is an affront to Islamics which is why they have waged five wars of annihilation against the Jews there.
Unfortunately for them, the IDF beats them, as it will continue to do. We know some of the IDF men, several of whom were at our daughter's wedding. The last thing they want to do is to leave their families and go into hostile terrain to be shot at.
However, Islamic fanatics will not leave them alone. Many thousands of rockets have been fired into Israel since they moved out of Gaza, giving up "land for peace." I was there shortly afterwards when the Gazans wrecked all the glasshouses the settlers had left behind. They certainly do not want "peace." Any lull just gives them a chance to restock with Iranian and Russian weapons. Please think of OUR Israeli grandchildren huddling in their bunker in Israel before you put out any more one-sided emotional propaganda.
Here's a story which might interest the world's unseeing media, which loves to bash the Jews under the guise of "helping the poor Palestinians," a people who don't exist, by the way. This is from a site called Jihad Watch...I then recounted an example of Islamic behaviour when they have the power to put their warped religious ideas into practice:
“Friday at noon was the deadline for Christian families to meet ISIS’s demands: Convert to Islam, pay an anachronistic Islamic tax for non-Muslims known as jizya, leave Mosul, or be killed. But the day before the final exodus, Christians were informed jizya was no longer an option. The order came to convert, leave, or die.”
This “anachronistic Islamic tax” is actually in the Qur’an, which no Muslim would describe as anachronistic: “Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued” (Qur’an 9:29).
“ISIS Torches 1800-Year-Old Mosul Church After Expelling Christians,” by Adam Chandler, The Wire, July 22, 2014 (thanks to Darcy):
ISIS, which recently rebranded as the Islamic State, has solidified its control over Iraq’s second-largest city by imposing Sharia law and expelling Christians who won’t convert to Islam. The end of last month marked the first time a mass wasn’t held in the city in more than 1600 years.
So at least one channel has no excuse for its ignorance about the nature of Islam. Meanwhile, back to Netanyahu. I will expand this story as time permits....
This was Netanyahu at his best: a story we first ran in 2009 but which is even more relevant now, as biased misinformation is broadcast from most main media outlets. But the facts are inconvenient to anti-semites. That is, all those howling protestors who hide their prejudice behind claims to be "pro Palestinian." So, they don't know that there never was a "Palestinian" people, state, language or capital then? I thought not.....
Even those unsympathetic to Israel's leader Benjamin Netanyahu would enjoy these statements, compiled after a previous war from several TV interviews with Sky News. The conflict referred to was the 2006 war in the north, but the arguments are still valid.
One interviewer asked him how come so many more of their opponents had been killed in the conflict than Israelis? Netanyahu: "Are you sure that you want to start asking in that direction?"
Interviewer: (Falling into the trap) Why not?
Netanyahu: "Because in World War II more Germans were killed than British and Americans combined, but there is no doubt in anyone's mind that the war was caused by Germany's aggression. And in response to the German blitz onLondon, the British wiped out the entire city of Dresden, burning to death more German civilians than the number of people killed inHiroshima.
Moreover, I could remind you that in 1944, when the R.A.F. tried to bomb the Gestapo Headquarters in Copenhagen, some of the bombs missed their target and fell on a Danish children's hospital, killing 83 little children. Perhaps you have another question?"
Apparently, Benjamin Netanyahu gave another interview and was asked about Israel's occupation of Arab lands. His response was, "It's our land". The reporter was stunned - read below "It's our land..." It's important information since we don't get fair and accurate reporting from the media and facts tend to get lost in the jumble of daily events.
"Crash Course on the Arab-Israeli Conflict." Here are overlooked facts in the current & past Middle East situation. These were compiled by a Christian university professor:
*BRIEF FACTS ON THE ISRAELI CONFLICT TODAY... (It takes just 1.5 minutes to read!)
It makes sense and it's not slanted. Jew and non-Jew -- it doesn't matter.
*1. Nationhood and Jerusalem: Israel became a nation in 1312 BC, two thousand (2000) years before the rise of Islam.
2. Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part of a Palestinian people in 1967, two decades after the establishment of the
modern State of Israel.
3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 BC, the Jews had dominion over the land for one thousand (1000) years with a continuous presence
in the land for the past 3,300 years.
4. The only Arab dominion since the conquest in 635 lasted no more than 22 years.
5. For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital. Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity.
Even when the Jordanians occupied Jerusalem, they never sought to make it their capital, and Arab leaders did not come to visit.
6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach, the Jewish Holy Scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned once in the Koran.
7. King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammed never came to Jerusalem.
8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their backs toward Jerusalem.
9. Arab and Jewish Refugees: in 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews.
Sixty-eight percent left (many in fear of retaliation by their own brethren, the Arabs), without ever seeing an Israeli soldier. The ones who stayed were afforded the same peace, civility, and citizenship rights as everyone else.
*10. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab brutality, persecution and pogroms.
*11. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated to be around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is estimated to be about 800,000.
12. Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or integrated into the Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, theirs is the only refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own people's lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel, a country no larger than the state of New Jersey.
*13. The Arab-Israeli Conflict: the Arabs are represented by 22 separate nations, not including the Palestinians. There is only one Jewish nation. The Arab nations initiated all five wars and lost. Israel defended itself each time and won.
14. The PLO's Charter still calls for the destruction of the State of Israel. Israel has given the Palestinians most of the West Bank land, autonomy under the Palestinian Authority, and has supplied them.
15. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and the Jews were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to people of all faiths.
16. The UN Record on Israel and the Arabs: of the 175 Security Council resolutions passed before 1990, 97 were directed against Israel.
17. Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 were directed against Israel.
18. The UN was silent while 58 Jerusalem** **synagogues were destroyed by the Jordanians.
*19. The UN was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives.
20. The UN was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like policy of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple Mount and the Western Wall.
These are incredible times. We have to ask what our role should be. What will we tell our grandchildren about what we did when there was a turning point in Jewish destiny, an opportunity to make a difference?
START NOW - Send this to as many other people possible and ask them to send it to others, Jew and non-Jew - it doesn't really matter. Act! We have books and DVDs in our webshop which show how the Bible states the future of the Middle East will look. Israel will be the largest, most important country by far. Islam will not exist.