I have seen idiot ideas come and go, like the conviction that something called "The Millennial Bug" was going to crash the world's computers. I wrote a newspaper editorial on the eve of 2000 saying the only bugs were in our garden...
But the ridiculous nonsense of "Global Warming" - now renamed "Climate Change" which covers all bases - grows ever more menacing, especially to freedom as governments roll out ever more restrictive legislation. We write about it in our book, Cults and Isms, True or False? For greenism is the new religion, or part of it.
In 2018, parts of the USA were facing temperatures that were the coldest recorded.
The Mail Online reported:"Frigid temperatures gripping parts of the northeastern United States continued to slide downward on Saturday as the region struggles to cope in the aftermath of this week's 'bomb cyclone.'
"Meteorologists studying weather patterns in the area say that wind chills in one part of New Hampshire were forecast to hit negative 100 degrees, in what the New York Times describes as an environment so unforgiving it 'steals your breath and freezes your eyelashes.'
In a sane world, where facts were examined and verified, this sort of event and many others round the world would flatten "Global Warming" useful idiots like a snowball underfoot. But we live in the age of unreason, which is why we wrote our book, Cults and Isms:True or False?, which was never more needed than now and is for sale on this website only.
Yes, we have a chapter on the climate change liars and we started it with this brilliant quote from our friend Dr. David Reagan:
“Concerning the weather, there is no way to win with the Global Warming ideologues. If it is exceptionally cold, it is due to GW. If it is exceptionally warm, it is due to GW. If it is exceptionally dry, it is due to GW. If it is exceptionally wet, it is due to GW. If it is windy, it is due to GW. If it is calm, it is due to GW. It is ideological rather than scientific -- just like evolution.” –Dr David Reagan, host of Lamb and Lion Ministries and presenter of Christ in Prophecy.
Then I wrote: Global warming enthusiasts brook no contradiction. Ignoring all the “inconvenient truths” that refute their claims, they suppress scientific views that challenge them and howl “heresy” if ever a TV program circumvents the censors and tries to challenge their nonsense. For it is a faith being challenged - a false faith: green fundamentalism.
The global warming theory in a nutshell is this: the earth is warming up as a result of a build-up of carbon dioxide gas in the atmosphere, caused by people, and that the warming will increase catastrophically, endangering life on earth – and that hence, we must cut carbon emissions.
More than 31,400 scientists around the world, over 9,000 of them Phds, have signed a document saying that this is not true. The United Nations, on the other hand, believes in global warming to the uttermost, and claims there is a “scientific consensus” on it.
I remember, back in the 1980s, watching TV films with graphics showing London under many feet of ice, with the towers of the Houses of Parliament peeking out over ice floes on the Thames. The scare then - also untrue - was “the coming ice age.”
On November 23, 1992, Newsweek magazine in the USA announced: “The advent of a new ice age, scientists say, appears to be guaranteed” and “the devastation will be astonishing.” The claptrap certainly is. In less than ten years the tune changed to the world becoming a vast, hot desert.
The media and the establishment, scientific and political, were emphatic about the prospect of a new ice age, as they are now about the prospect of the temperature rising.
Any scare will do, it seems, and most people take it all as fact. Of course, Britain did have a little ice age in the 17th century, with dire effects on food production. Climate does change and it’s warmer now, but this was unlikely to have been caused by 4 x 4 ox carts…
Then there was the other big scare of our time, the Millennium Bug. The computers would all fail as 1999 turned into 2000, we were told, because they had mostly been programmed with only two digits for the year instead of four.
So, as the millennium dawned, computers would turn from ’99 to ’00 and think that it was 1900, which would give them all a nervous breakdown and shut down the world. As a newspaper editor at the time, I was deluged with official propaganda saying all this, some of which I have kept as evidence!
The internet was awash with predictions that power stations would fail, water companies would grind to a halt, the lights would go out all over the world, computers would electronically die, airplanes could fall out of the air, and even car engines would not run.
Of course we know that none of this ever happened, and few of the prophets of doom ever apologized for this misleading claptrap. Some corporations totally changed their computer systems – just in case. The cost ran into billions, who knows how much?
Some people stockpiled candles, canned and dried food, and even water in plastic bottles. Their cats were eating the tuna fish for years afterwards!
I made a point of publishing a newspaper opinion column the night before the new millennium, saying, relax – nothing bad will happen tomorrow. Pat and I walked home after midnight, in the early hours of the year 2000, and saw with some delight that the lights were on and planes were still flying. My career was safe!
As for global warming, I find it amazing that big media never seems to question it, and if the occasional global warming sceptic gets on air, they are attacked as if they are heretics.
If you challenge perceived wisdom, life is often made uncomfortable. After Britain’s Channel Four TV network screened “The Great Global Warming Swindle”, the new inquisition swung into action. There were 265 complaints to broadcasting watchdog OFCOM, whining that a “range of views” was not presented.
The program was not criticized for the most part, however. Now I await (in vain) the “fair and balanced” reply to Al Gore’s pseudo-scientific rants, which have been screened in many schools as if they were factual. Meanwhile, here are a few facts.
- So far in this century there has been no recorded global warming.
- All accepted measures of worldwide temperatures show the trend has been down since 2002. The world is getting colder! Meanwhile CO2 levels have been rising.
- The pre-eminent sea level scientist in the world says sea levels are NOT rising and has written a book about it: “The Greatest Lie Ever Told”. (see the end of this chapter in our book).
- One single tide gauge in Hong Kong Harbor showing a 2.3mm rise was used to swing global sea level statistics and make it look as if there was a worldwide trend.
- Venice is not disappearing under rising sea levels. It is sinking, and should never have been built there in the first place.
- 31,000 scientists shattered the myth of “scientific consensus” on global warming. They signed a petition organized in 2008 by the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine.
- Looking at consequences of increased carbon dioxide in the air they concluded: “Increases during the 20th century have produced no deleterious effects upon global weather, climate or temperature.” Neither did they think they ever would, they added.
- And their petition states that there is substantial evidence that more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere produces “many beneficial effects”!
- The claim of a .5 degree C. temperature increase since 1980 is not confirmed by satellites or balloon measurements and may result from land based measuring near urban “heat islands”. Or then again, maybe the reporting is just not honest.
- Solar activity (sunspots etc) has a close correlation with weather on the earth, but since we cannot do anything about the sun, and politicians cannot blame us for causing sunspots, this must be discounted.
- Solar magnetic flux shows trends similar to that for temperatures from 1880 to the present. The trouble with solar flares etc is that you can’t slap a tax on them, as you can on carbon emissions.
- Temperature changes precede CO2 changes. Al Gore’s model makes it look just the opposite. An inconvenient fact. We await his apology for misleading the world.
- Christopher Monckton, a policy advisor to Margaret Thatcher, points out that in medieval times temperatures were as much as 5 degrees Fahrenheit warmer than now and Vikings farmed inGreenland, now a vast, frozen waste.
- The world then was obviously a warmer, pleasanter place, with much more room for food production. Global warming would be very good for farmers.
- Chinese sailed through the Arctic Ocean in 1421 and found no ice.
- “Every year since 1998 world temperatures have been getting colder, and in 2003 arctic ice actually increased. Why do we not hear about that?” - Prof David Bellamy.
- Ice in the arctic is often twice as thick as expected. Scientists from all over Europe returned from never-before-measured regions of the North Pole and Euroreferendum Blog reported on May 6, 2009 that instead of finding newly formed ice two metres thick, as they were expecting, they found it was double the thickness, up to four metres..
Polar bears are not endangered, despite all the pictures of them looking pathetic on small blocks of ice. In fact, their numbers are increasing rapidly due to hunting restrictions. Ice in the Antarctic is above its 30 year average. Ice in the Arctic is close to its 30 year average. (source Cryosphere Today website and “Why Antarctic ice is growing despite global warming,” New Scientist headline, 20 April 2009)
· Scary scenarios of the future are based on computer model predictions rather than real science. The computer models are only as good as the information fed into them.
- Carbon dioxide is what plants eat. The more of it there is, the better they grow. Let’s pump out more and get bigger crops!
- President Obama’s Energy Secretary Stephen Chu told a gathering of hand wringers at Prince Charles’ St James Palace inLondon(2009) that if all buildings and pavements were painted white the sun’s rays would be reflected back into space and we’d all cool down a lot. Buy shares in paint firms is our advice (just joking).
The greenies know that their beliefs cannot stand close scrutiny. Heck, those handouts might stop rolling in. There are some big bucks to be had from governments for putting out scare research on non-existent global warming.
The greenies were especially severe when respected environmentalist Professor David Bellamy, formerly one of the best known presenters on British television, questioned man-made climate change. I haven’t seen him much of him on TV since then.
The Daily Express (London) published a revealing interview with Prof. Bellamy on Nov 5, 2008, headed: “BBC Shunned me for Denying Climate Change.” Bellamy, a botanist and author of 35 books, presented around 400 programs.
Then one day he committed an unforgivable crime: he stated that he did not believe in man-made global warming. He said: “The sad fact is that since I said this, I’ve not been allowed to make a TV program.
“I am a scientist and I have to follow the directions of science, but when I see the truth being covered up, I have to voice my opinions. According to official data, in every year since 1998 world temperatures have been getting colder, and in 2003 arctic ice actually increased. Why then, do we not hear about that?”
The reason, David, is that it’s you who are out in the cold. Comments like this could be one reason: “At the beginning of the year there was a BBC show with four experts saying: this is going to be the end of all the ice in the Arctic, and hypothesizing that it was going to be the hottest summer ever.
"Was it hell! It was very cold and very wet and now we’ve seen evidence that the glaciers in Alaska have started growing rapidly - and they’ve not grown for a long time.”
So if you want to know the real facts about false religions and more, our book is available in bulk to churches in the USA and UK -we ship boxes of 48 to your door for $250 in the USA and £175 in the UK. We do not make profits on our ventures which are aimed at getting the truth out, especially to Christians in these end times of deception.
 See www.petitionproject.org